Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Enjoy the Silence... if only for one more night

Well, tonight's the last night you'll be able to channel surf to a college basketball game on ESPN and not run the risk of being assaulted by "Dipsy Doo Dunkaroo", "Diaper Dandy", "PTPer", or fond memories of JJ Redick. That's right ladies and gentlemen, Dook Dick Vitale returns to the airwaves tomorrow night, SHOCKINGLY to cover a UNC/Dook game.

Don't get me wrong, I admire Vitale's passion for college basketball, at least of the ACC-variety. I tire of his constant waxing poetic about Dook and UNC players that graduated in the 90s. His constant yelling. His inane catch phrases. I don't know who these people are who actually enjoy listening to him for a full 2 hours of game time. Obviously there are some, or he wouldn't have a job. I just don't know who they are or what's wrong with them.

I'm glad that no cancer was found in his throat... I certainly don't wish him harm. But I won't lie and say I missed him. He - like so many ESPN personalities (cough *Berman* cough) are washed up has-beens with shticks that have long since past the frame of relevancy. But, hey, what can you do? That's why *INSERT DEITY OF YOUR CHOICE HERE* invented mute buttons.

Enjoy the Silence for one more night folks, it all goes away tomorrow...

No comments: